Wednesday, September 13, 2006

SPEAKER SAVVY--Find Your Fire

I watched the pilot episode of the new ABC comedy "Men In Trees"...cute! It stars Anne Heche as a successful relationship coach on her way to a speaking engagement in a tiny Alaskan town swarming with men. Lots of funny stuff and some really good acting--but one thing stood out.

Anne Heche is a world-class speaker.

The show opened up with a series of clips from her presentations and Heche was obviously coached by somebody who really knows the speaking profession. (Here's how realistic Anne Heche was last night...I wanted to hear more. I was actually disappointed that they didn't let her finish!)

What really struck was the look in her eyes. She was glowing, confident, sparkling--the woman was en fuego! The pilot light was on and it was blazing. She reminded me of legendary women speakers like Patricia Fripp who find their fire, the thing they're passionate about, and deliver that passion with style and substance.

It's my job to train people to find that same fire when they speak. Check out my website at MARKtalks.com for more information.

No comments: